TriEst is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining our diverse work force reflecting the global nature of our business. As a leader in our industry, we strive for active involvement of every employee to achieve continued success and growth. The ideas of our employees are valued and encouraged as we work together while building an environment from which new ideas will flourish.
Employment Opportunity: Agricultural Technologies Technician
TriEst Ag Group is part of a family of companies known as the TriCal Group. The vision of the group is to promote the most beneficial soil environment for growers to produce healthy, bountiful crops that feed the world.
We are a distributor and applicator of soil fumigation, irrigation, fertilizer, and equipment products with a focus on fresh fruits, vegetables, tobacco, and custom turf applications. We have developed a unique group of company brands that allows us to offer growers our support from pre-plant through harvest, season after season. As an industry leader with more than 50 years’ experience, TriEst Ag Group offers innovative options and solutions that protect crops, people, and the environment with honest, long-term relationships that make us the first call a grower makes when they need help. We have an immediate opening for an Ag Service and Sales Support Technician working out of our South Florida territory. The position entails installation, service and sales of components for fumigation and irrigation systems with the primary focus on flow control systems, irrigation automation and agricultural technologies used in commercial agriculture. The majority of the work will be in Central and South Florida with occasional projects within the Southeastern United States. This job requires overnight travel and stays. The compensation is dependent upon experience and abilities. A company vehicle is provided as part of the employment package.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Assist customer with setup, service, and calibration of fumigation rigs and equipment to maximize output and efficiency and reduce unintended release of fumigant materials.
- Prepare, review, and submit necessary paperwork associated with sales, service, calibration, and fumigant management plans as required.
- Supervise fumigation operations when necessary.
- Perform electrical, mechanical and plumbing duties as required with minimal or no supervision in the field on all types of irrigation & fertilizer equipment with the ability to apply installation and troubleshooting techniques and determine repairs necessary on all assigned work orders.
- Disassemble, inspect, determine parts needed and reassemble to factory specifications. Perform operational tests on assigned equipment.
- Interpret and utilize information from operating, maintenance and service manuals/bulletins.
- Prepare and maintain parts requisitions, time records and parts returns as well as other necessary reports and forms.
- Maintain equipment carried on the provided company vehicle.
- Must be at least 21 years old and have and maintain a clean driving record
- Must obtain and maintain Restricted Use Pesticide Applicator License
- Ability to safely work around hazardous chemicals
- Basic electrical (AC and DC), Mechanical and Plumbing Knowledge is required.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and proper repair procedures is required.
- Must be able to read and interpret basic electrical and hydraulic schematics, operating and maintenance service manuals.
- Need to be able to lift up to 65lbs.
- Knowledge and experience with agricultural irrigation/automation is preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Must be a team player that is enthusiastic and hard working with the ability to complete work with minimal supervision.
- MS Office, GPS/Mapping and computer skills proficiency required or willing to take the initiative to learn with guidance.
TriEst Ag offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical and dental insurance for the employee with company contribution toward the premium
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid long-term disability insurance; short-term disability insurance offered with company contribution to premium
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - Includes a company match, an annual company safe harbor contribution, and a discretionary profit-sharing contribution. Matching contributions are subject to maximum matching criteria and vesting requirements.
- Our final salary offer will be commensurate with your experience. For more information on our company and products please visit our website, www.triestag.com. Apply by emailing your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At TriEst, employee compensation extends beyond annual income. In addition to cash compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and ongoing opportunities for professional development. Our wide-range of employee benefits includes: retirement/401(k) plan with an employer match; medical, dental and vision insurance, company paid life insurance; and more. Our total compensation package is designed to reward employees for their personal commitment to TriEst and their valuable contributions to our success.
TriEst is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), marital status, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state and local laws.
Please send all job inquiries to HR@triestag.com